Thursday, December 29, 2022

The Humble Tissue

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 363: Today, I am grateful for the humble tissue. 

The disposable tissue... a "Kleenex" if you call it by the brand name that made its into our everyday vernacular... is indispensable in our homes. They help us get through colds and allergy seasons. They wipe away tears of sorrow.  

This world is full of laughter and tears. Some tears are sad. Other times, we laugh  until we cry.  A tissue helps wipe them away.  

I love this verse. It reminds me that we are not exempt from life's woes, but nothing of this world can steal our peace. 

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33 

In our trials, the tissue serves us well. Even better are the hugs from loved ones. We can't always "make something better", but we can offer comfort care. Part of the comfort and care package is a tissue. 

There are times when the tissue helps wipe the dirt of a child's face or mud from the paws of a pet.  Such ordinary actions made easier by the disposable, paper tissue. 

(Thanks for the inspiration Cousin Larry...love you!)

Today, I am grateful for the humble tissue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment