Friday, December 9, 2022

Plugged In

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 342: Today, I am grateful we can stay plugged in.

Have you ever found yourself with a shortage of electrical outlets? Our first home we purchased in Peoria had no outlet in the bathroom. It was an older home and full of charm but it lacked the electrical updates we needed for modern life in the late 80's. Things like hair dryers and curling irons were used daily.

Our dear friend, Denny, came from Ohio and added the bathroom outlet. Randy's friend from work, Lin, eventually replaced some wiring and all of our fuses with circuit breakers. There is nothing like having power at your fingertips. We take it for granted, until it is gone.

Being plugged in is where the power is found. Light and life rely on being connected to the source. It is the same in our spiritual walk. We have to be connected.

“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. " -John 15:5,8

Pause to take it all in as you enjoy the Christmas lights this season. 

Today, I am grateful we can stay plugged in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment