Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Real Rest


Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 361: Today, I am grateful for real rest. 

Not a nap, but real rest. 

On the Lindgren side of the family we have two speeds... full throttle and dead stop. I think I inherited a bit of that. It gets things done, but there is a price. 

Rest, real and full,  is a special commodity. It is not something we can buy or capture. We have to pause, slow down, and be intentional. It is a rest that happens to the core of our very being. Real rest leads to restoration. 

In these past few years, there has been loss compounded on loss in our family circles and in our close friends. People that have helped shaped and color our worlds leave empty chairs around the table. The loss is genuine. We are not alone in tasting loss. We are not alone in shared grief.

One of the things that comes as a gift to the grieving is the reminder to slow down, savor, share, and embrace each other as we walk through this life. It is good to remember that we are only passing through.   I hope we grow more compelled to say, "I love you." Those words matter. 

This is my verse of the day: 

 "Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28 

Are you weary? Is the burden too heavy? Does life keep adding more? Remember, someone is waiting to help. Ready and willing to take our burdens as His own. He really is a Wonderful Savior and Lord. In Him, we find real rest. 

Today, I am grateful for real rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment