Friday, December 30, 2022

The End of the Book

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 364: Today, I am grateful for the hope at the end of The Book.

How do you feel at the end of a good book? The emotions can be mixed. 

I am always excited to start a new book, but I am a little sad to leave the "old friends" behind. Characters who have become familiar are comfortable. I think it is why I like a good series. I don't have to get to know a new protagonists with each new book. I can see characters developing with each book in the series. It is good. 

What about the end of the Bible? The book of Revelation used to be intimidating. The older I get, the more I see the hope between its chapters. Chapter 21 is a favorite. It describes heaven. Not completely, but with enough detail to spark our imagination. 

This verse is one of my favorites:

"And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light. " -Revelation 21:23

His light is the only light we will need. The reality is beyond our imaginations or our  wildest dreams. 

Today, I am grateful for the hope at the end of The Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment