Monday, December 5, 2022

One Quiet Moment

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 339: Today, I am grateful for "One Quiet Moment."

Glad's a cappella Christmas album is one of my favorites. The song, "One Quiet Moment" is one I play over and over. It is always on my Christmas playlist. 

There are not many quiet moments in the Christmas season. It feels like a dead run from Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve. The busyness of the season is not what I want to remember. I want to remember the special moments spent with loved ones celebrating and making new memories. 

I want to reminisce about the sweetness of Christmases when the kids were little. I want to savor... not lose the sacredness of the season. I want to remember the ordinary man and his precious bride trekking to Bethlehem to pay their taxes, knowing a baby could arrive at any time on their journey. 

I don't want to forget that they said "Yes" to God's plan, forsaking their own agendas and desires. Their decisions came in the quiet moments. Their obedience had to come from a place of trust. 

When things go wrong, we can still trust the author! Mary did. Joseph did. 

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=One+Quiet+MOment+Glad&atb=v314-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtPoRbPHYYGo

Today, I am grateful for "One Quiet Moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment