Monday, December 12, 2022

Sing Out Loud

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 346: Today, I am grateful we can sing out loud!

My friend, Kelly, has the best sense of humor. She always makes me smile. It is hard to believe we have been friends for over 40 years. It doesn't matter how long between visits, we catch up in a heartbeat. Childhood friends really are very special. They have walked with us in most of the seasons of our lives. They are to be treasured.

Kelly posted this today and I laughed out loud. She sings beautifully - so I am not sure she would get sent home, but the image of Buddy made me laugh. He can't contain the joy, can he?

Buddy's love for Christmas and Santa is insatiable. It is in all of his conversations. He is constantly thinking about Santa and others.

Today, I have to ask myself, do I get that excited about my Jesus... the reason for the season? Is my joy as insatiable as Buddy's. I want it to be. I want love to be contagious. I want to put others first. I want to seek His Face and not forget to be in awe of His Grace.

Some days, in the busy schedules of the season, it is easy to lose the joy. Fight for it. Hold onto the wonder of the season.

Remember the shepherds who were camping out in the fields with their sheep? Remember their surprise when the heavens filled with angels for an announcement and singing?

"Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” -Luke 2:13-14

The angels had to sing His praises. They felt the unspeakable joy. When you can't keep the joy inside, sing loudly for all to hear.

Honestly, our Lord doesn't even care if you can carry a tune. He delights in the expression that comes from our souls. Praise and thanksgiving often are found in a song.

Go ahead! Sing out loud.

Today, I am grateful we can sing out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment