Friday, May 13, 2022

Grandma's Spot Remover

 Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 134: Today, I am grateful for Grandma's Spot Remover.

Spots happen. They happen to some of us more frequently than others. If we don't take care of spots immediately, they can become permanent.

Someone once recommended "Grandma's Secret Spot Remover" to me. I first purchased it at Hobby Lobby. It really works. We have several bottles in the house.

Spot removers save us from throwing good clothing and old favorites away. A good spot remover can be game changing.

Jesus is like Grandma's Secret Spot Remover, except He isn't a secret. He is ready and willing to wash away our sin spots when we seek Him out and receive His grace.

This passage from Psalm 51 in "The Message" nails it:

"Soak me in your laundry and I’ll come out clean, scrub me and I’ll have a snow-white life. Tune me in to foot-tapping songs, set these once-broken bones to dancing. Don’t look too close for blemishes, give me a clean bill of health. God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life. Don’t throw me out with the trash, or fail to breathe holiness in me." -Psalm 51:7-10 -The Message

Read it again. Savor the goodness. "Shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life." Isn't that a grand prayer? He doesn't throw us out because we get "spots". He is a God who redeems the lost, the stained and the weary.

Today, I am grateful for Grandma's Spot Remover and the Savior who makes us whiter than snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment