Thursday, May 26, 2022

The Spatula


Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 146: Today, I am grateful for the spatula.

For those new to "Daily Gratitude", you never know what you are going to get. Sometimes the thoughts are very simple. other days, we go a little deeper. Many days there is no plan at all, but something always seems to come. 

The spatula is an ordinary kitchen tool. I use one nearly every day. Some days, all of my spatulas get dirty in the preparation of one meal. They scrape, stir, smooth and help  collect all the yummy goodness in a recipe. 

Spatulas help stir the batter to keep it fresh while cooking. They scrape the last morsel of batter from the bowl. They are not necessary, perhaps, but they make many kitchen tasks easier. Spatulas help us finish the job well. 

I said a quick prayer for guidance for a verse to compliment the humble spatula. Here is my verse of the day:

"But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God." -Acts 20:24

Seriously, it even contains the phrase "finishing the work". You can't make this up! 

Today, I am grateful for the spatula.


No comments:

Post a Comment