Monday, May 16, 2022

Identity

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 136: Today, I am grateful Jesus taught us about our true identity.

Humans are a bit obsessed with identity. Many long for fame and notoriety. Moses was obsessed with knowing God's name. God replied, "Tell them I AM."

Well... I AM..  HE IS and WAS and WILL BE. Can we even comprehend it? Omnipresent across time and space. My brain is too human to really see what He sees. 

I have a page in my Bible where I have all the names of God I have found in the scriptures. It is not complete. I know I have many of the Jewish names to add. El Shaddai and Yahweh are in there, but the list is far from exhausted. Do you have a favorite name for God? 

And he asked them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter answered him, “You are the Christ.” -Mark 8:29

This Bob Goff's quote is fabulous.  Take a minute to not just read it, but ponder it. 

His quotes usually are. He constantly reminds us we were put here to love people into the kingdom. Not to preach it... although sharing the Good News is expected... but to reach out in love. Love will open far more doors than a polished presentation. 

Really, we don't have to sell Jesus. I remember an old gospel song that said, "I've tasted and I know the Lord is good!" That is a truth bomb! To know Him is to love Him. To encounter His grace is humbling and exhilarating all at the same time. We don't need to complicate it. 

We identify ourselves as belonging to Him by the way we love others. The closer we get to His heart... the more we will look like Him. 

Today, I am grateful Jesus taught us about our true identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment