Thursday, May 19, 2022

Surprise Visitors










Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 139: Today, I am grateful for surprise visitors! 

This was not what I expected today. How I love these boys! Thomas has been "mine" since birth. I've been so blessed to watch him go from child to man. It seems like a blink. Keaton came into my world as a Jr. Higher.

My heart is full. Keaton was a complete surprise... he came with his Mom to help with the newest drumline members. He said they saw Thomas out driving. I was afraid I was going to miss seeing him in his short time at home... so I texted Thomas.  

To my surprise, he came right over. What a fun moment to hear them in awe of the new gym and reliving their MJHS days. 

When Thomas returned from Belgium in 7th grade, I was nervous for him. It is often hard for youth to transition back to life in the United States after living abroad. I wanted Thomas to have a smooth transition  home. I was so happy to have him at school. I wanted him to be happy to be there. 

Enter Keaton. Keaton welcomed Thomas like a little brother (Okay, maybe a son because they were Simba and Mufasa in "The Lion King"... add in Jake... their "Scar" to complete the best of trios). I was nervous for Thomas to find his place in the pack. He found his place in "the pride", for sure. These young men are talented, funny and so much more. 

This scripture made me think of them. Loyal friends and kind. 

"Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart." -Proverbs 3:3

It was a great day to be a Jr. Potter... Jr. Potter alumni. 

Today, I am grateful for surprise visitors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment