Thursday, May 12, 2022

Questions Unanswered & Problems Unsolved

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 133: Today, I am grateful for questions unanswered and problems unsolved.

As a little girl, I am sure I drove the adults in my world crazy with my questions and curiosity. I read very early... probably out of boredom and with the help of Mama and "Hooked on Phonics" (Dad and his infomercials!)

I fell in love with mysteries on my 6th birthday. Mama picked up Carolyne Keene's "The Secret of the Wooden Lady", an early Nancy Drew book. It was one of the best gifts I was ever given. I learned about ships in that particular book. I devoured it and quickly learned the joy of our public library with shelves of Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden and The Three Investigators.

Mystery and suspense novels were full of unanswered questions that required research and asking questions. When the mystery was solved, there was a sense of accomplishment and success. I still head to the mystery genre when reading for pleasure.

I continue to love questions. I savor listening to answers. Everyone sees the world from a unique perspective. We all see what we see from our little corner of the world, shaped by our personal experiences and understanding of how the world works. We can learn so much from each other when we pause and listen.

Most of us have carried our biggest questions to the throne of His grace and mercy. Many of us have found He leaves some questions unanswered. Some problems appear to be unsolved.

Again, I find a paradox. Unanswered questions and unsolved problems become the catalyst that drives us back to a place of complete trust and a humbling awakening to who He is. Elizabeth Elliot says it well:

"Obviously God has chosen to leave certain questions unanswered and certain problems without any solution in this life, in order that in our very struggle to answer and solve we may be shoved back, and back and eternally back to the contemplation of Himself and to complete trust in Who He is." -Elisabeth Elliot

The hard questions and difficult circumstances Satan is confident will defeat us, become the very thing that drives us back to our knees before the throne of His mercy and grace.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." -Romans 8:28

We can trust Him in all things. ALL THINGS!

Today, I am grateful for questions unanswered and problems unsolved.


No comments:

Post a Comment