Saturday, May 7, 2022

Mama Ina Mae

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 128: Today, I am grateful for Mama. 

This is the first Mother's Day without Mama... not talking to her or seeing her. It feels strange. I have so many around me experiencing the loss of a mother, too. It is a strange feeling when the one who gave you life is no longer here. 

I am so grateful for the many lessons she taught along the way. I wish I had written more things down. 

I'm grateful for the way she lived and the confidence she had in death. She knew with every fiber of her being that the best was yet to be. She was not afraid and she was ready. Matthew and I miss her sweet presence in this world, but we rejoice in the knowledge of her Heavenly healing. 

One of the songs Mama liked to sing with me during our "concerts" was "Daddy Sang Bass" by Johnny Cash. The memory is sweet. 

If I were to sum up Mama with a scripture... along with Proverbs 31... this one is a good one:

"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
 
I am grateful for her example of joy. I am grateful she was a prayer warrior by example. I am grateful she did not let circumstances steal her joy. I am grateful she taught us the value of knowing Jesus and choosing Him as Savior. 

Today, I am grateful for Mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment