Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Discomfort

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 299: Today, I will choose to be grateful for discomfort. 

Am I losing my mind? Perhaps, I already have. This quote caught my attention today. 

"He had to make you uncomfortable otherwise you never would have moved." -Toby Mac

When I reflect on my life, I see the times God allowed discomfort in my life to move me. 

I'm fairly content by nature. But, like most, I resist being uncomfortable when I can. Growth requires stretching, learning new things and walking through new doors. We are not called to comfortable things. We are called to step out in faith into unknown places with the Gospel of Christ.  

"“You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” -Matthew 1:20

We are told the faith of a mustard seed... the tiniest of seeds... can move mountains. "With great power comes great responsibility." is a quote from Spiderman. It has stuck with me. A little discomfort can help us gain a new perspective when it forces us to move outside of what is comfortable and safe. 

Jesus never promised this world would be safe. He did promise He would never leave us or forsake us. I don't always know where discomfort might lead, but I know to trust his will, even when I can't quite make out the shape of His hand. 

Today, I will choose to be grateful for discomfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment