Thursday, October 7, 2021

Grateful for THIS Day

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 280: Today, I am grateful for this day.

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." -Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Some days are amazing. Other days are heartbreaking and brutal. Life is be a roller coaster ride, and honestly, I am prone to motion sickness. I am a "safety girl" by nature. Still, I love the simple truth in this "Alice in Wonderland" quote. I am not the same person I was yesterday, and neither are you. Each day brings new experiences, new knowledge, new trials and new joys. Life is a mixed bag, for sure.

How do we step out fearlessly? I am taken to Hebrews 11 for inspiration. There are many warriors of faith listed. 

"Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see." -Hebrews 11:1

What a list of characters are including: Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel, and all the prophets. I love that Rahab is included. God chooses imperfect people and calls them his sons and daughters. He rescues the broken and worn out. He brings restoration. We are not the same when His love makes us over. We see our brokenness in the mirror. He sees how far we've come. He knows our story. He knows our future is good. Today might be hard. 

My niece, Kenzie, purchased her first Jack Pine Pumpkin a couple years ago at the Pumpkin Festival. She was in college nearby at the time with limited space. She chose a little glass pumpkin in traditional colors. The stem had a tiny piece that was broken off. She said she loved it more because it was "a little bit broken" and that is what made it special. I agree with Kenzie. 

If you are feeling a little broken today, do not despair. 

"This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." -Psalm 118:24

We can be sure that a hope placed in Christ is where we will find redemption, salvation, peace and a future. The choice is ours to make.

Today, I am grateful for this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment