Sunday, October 24, 2021

Sweater Weather

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 297: Today, I am grateful for sweater weather.

Welcome, sweater weather! It is rainy and feels like fall in every way. Sweatshirts and sweaters are perfect for the day. 

I get hot fairly often, so I love the layering power of light knit sweaters. My favorite sweatshirts are French Terry. The knit is durable and not too heavy.  Some love thick wooly sweaters. Cashmere has always been appreciated. I like a good cotton sweater. I'm allergic to some fibers so it is easy to stick with cotton.  

There is something about knits that makes us feel cozy. They are so soft, we forget they are strong, too. I am grateful knitting is not a lost art. I can't do it, but I have loved ones who can. Knitting something together implies strength. 

"I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself." -Colossians 2:2

In the fall, we never really know what kind of weather the day may bring. It can change over the course of an hour. Donning our sweaters... with layers... keeps us prepared for anything. 

Today, I am grateful for sweater weather.




No comments:

Post a Comment