Thursday, October 28, 2021

Ice Cubes

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 301: Today, I am grateful for ice cubes. 

I know the temperatures are dropping. Most are thinking about hot beverages. I will save that gratitude for another day. Today, I was reminded how much I appreciate ice cubes. 

Ice cubes in a Ziploc bag to ease aches and pains. Ice in my water glass means my water is very, very cold. I like hot things to be hot and cold things to be cold. 

We have been fighting with our ice maker in our fairly new refrigerator. I am grateful it failed while under warranty. When we don't have ice, I miss it. We can make ice cubes in a tray, but an ice maker is one of my favorite luxuries. A broken ice maker is a true "first world problem". It is currently working, and I am sipping ice water as I write. 

This scripture makes me pause to ponder the power of the Lord. His breath 

"God’s breath sends the ice, freezing wide expanses of water." -Job 37:10

The verse creates quite a word picture. Lord over all creation, He exhales power... turning water into ice. Nothing is outside of his control, yet he allows us free will to choose Him or reject him. He allows us to step into the warmth of His wings... or we can freeze him out. 

Ice is a reminder of His infinite power over the waters. 

Ice cubes are a simple pleasure. 

Today, I am grateful for ice cubes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment