Friday, October 29, 2021

Tea Kettles

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 302: Today, I am grateful for tea kettles.

Whether stovetop or electric, a house needs a tea kettle to be a home. I use mine almost daily. Our son taught me I can shorten the time for making pasta if I boil the water in the tea kettle first. It is good for so many mixes that require boiling water. I use it to heat the water for Cacao and coffee in the French Press. And of course, for cocoa and tea. 

The tea kettle on the stove always looks welcoming when visitors arrive. My Grandma Marge used to make a "Friendship" tea that was orange and spiced. I know "Tang" was an ingredient in the mix, but there were several other ingredients. Do you remember that cousins??? The tea kettle would whistle and hot beverage heaven was minutes away. 

Tea kettles have been around a long time. They have been made of many materials over the years. I appreciate the speed of an electric kettle when time matters.

Hospitality is made easier with a tea kettle. It is important to show hospitality to loved ones and to strangers. The scriptures say we might be entertaining angels when showing hospitality to strangers. Generosity is good for the soul. It increases our joy.

"They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity." -Acts 2:46

 Tea kettles have been around for thousands of years. I am glad they are still popular. 

Today, I am grateful for tea kettles.

No comments:

Post a Comment