Friday, October 8, 2021

Unique Personalities

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 281: Today, I am grateful for the unique personality of each individual. 

Isn't it amazing how even identical twins have different tastes and personalities? God knit us together in our mother's wombs, with unique qualities. Do we maximize all He created us to be? 

Look at this quote from CS Lewis:

“The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become - because He made us. He invented us. He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be. . .It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own.” -CS Lewis

Now, read it again. Pause. Ponder. Let it sink into your soul. 

We maximize who we were intended to be when we begin a real relationship with Christ. When we turn to Him and allow him to reveal our potential, we plug into His power and His purpose. Missed joys and discontentment are often a result of attempting to self fulfill, instead of leaning into Jesus for direction and purpose.  What He has in store is always better. Always. 

"for “‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, “‘For we are indeed his offspring.’" -Act 17:28

This is one of those lessons I am still working out. I am a work in progress. Some days I do okay. Other days, I wonder why he offers such grace and patience. There are shameful days, if I am honest, I question His will and His ways. That kind of pride is dangerous.

When nothing makes sense, I hear the Spirit whisper, "Trust in me." When energies dwindle, He offers, 'Lean on me." When all seems uncertain, Hebrews 11 comes to mind, 'Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." 

Each of us must find our way to the cross and the empty tomb.  Each one must reconcile His gift, the resurrection and the promise. When we "get real" in Him, we begin to discover who we really are. 

Today, I am grateful for the unique personality of each individual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment